Accessing Slate resources, support, and free trials requires you to sign up by supplying a few details including a username – which must be an active email address – and a password of your own choosing.
A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. You will then be able to log in and purchase resource licenses or access free trials and free teacher’s notes.
Click here to go to the sign up/log in page now.
1. Download Limitations
Accessing online digital resources entails downloading data from the internet. The amount of data downloaded in accessing Slate resources varies. Typical daily classroom use of resources such as Flare andFundamentals Game Boards, is estimated at 2–4 megabytes. Viewing Mathedology uses between 150–250 megabytes per session. Internet accounts vary in their monthly usage limitations. Subscribers to Slateresources are encouraged to review their internet usage allowance.
2. Filtering Restrictions
Ensure that your technology administrator has removed any filters that may be blocking access to ORIGO Education sites and/or redirecting emails from ORIGO Education to your email junk box.
3. Setting Up Favorites
It’s a good idea to set up Slate as a favorite in your browser so you don’t have to type the web address each time you use Slate. This process will vary depending on your browser. Open up Slate, then:
- for Internet Explorer, click Favorites in the top menu, select Add to Favorites then Add
- for Firefox: click Bookmarks in the top menu, select Bookmark This Page then Add
- for Safari: click Bookmarks in the top menu, select Add Bookmark then Add
- for Opera: click Bookmarks in the top menu, select Bookmark then Add
- for Chrome: click Gold Star in the top right corner of the URL bar, select Done
4. Getting Updates
Because Slate is continually updated with new functionality and content, we recommend that you delete your browsing history and refresh your browser before you log in. Open your browser, then:
- for Internet Explorer: click Tools in the top menu, then select Delete Browsing History
- for Firefox: click Tools in the top menu, then select Clear Recent History
- for Safari: click Safari in the top menu, then select Empty Cache
- for Opera: click Settings in the top menu, then select Delete Private Data, then select Delete Entire Cache
- for Chrome: click Settings in the top menu, then select Advanced Settings, then select Clear Browsing Data under Privacy, Choose Empty the Cache with the ‘beginnning of time’ choice at the top of the page
Feel free to email any comments or questions you might have.