These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Nepal’ competition running from 20th March – 19 April 2019., as organised by ORIGO Education, 1/209 Leitchs Road, Brendale, Queensland, Australia. 4500.
- The competition is open to all experienced elementary (K-6) classroom teachers, or elementary math/instructional coaches with a proven history of teaching the Stepping Stones program in their mathematics lessons.
- For purposes of travel arrangements, applicants must reside in the United States of America and Australia at the time of travel. If a winner is not resident in the US or Australia at the time of travel, ORIGO Educationreserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received after the closing of the competition will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and ORIGO Education‘s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information.
- Entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details.
- ORIGO Educationdoes not accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or unauthorised access to entries, or other causes outside its control.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by ORIGO Educationwill be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants, the decision of ORIGO Educationshall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ORIGO Educationwill not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information. There is no cash alternative.
- Where the winner is required to speak for the purposes of a film or video production, they must appear to be able to communicate clearly and appropriately for the production in question. ORIGO Educationreserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that these requirements are not met.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information.
- ORIGO Educationwill attempt to notify the winner within 7 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as ORIGO Education shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, or email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If ORIGO Education is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and ORIGO Education reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- ORIGO Educationreserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted due to factors beyond the reasonable control of ORIGO Education.
Data Protection and Publicity
- ORIGO Educationmay exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, title, name of school, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- ORIGO Educationshall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
- ORIGO Educationcannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- ORIGO Educationcannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions ORIGO Education will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 18 March 2019.