In Module 4, your child will be learning these core skills:
Would you like to know how to support your child with this module?
You're in the right place!
The short, one minute video below explains how your child is learning these skills and some fun ways you can encourage their development at home. Select the 'Lesson Content and Learning Targets' tab at the bottom of the page for a full breakdown of what they'll be covering in each lesson.
Have fun! We hope you enjoy these activities with your child.
Ideas for home
- When playing games, eating snacks, shopping, or gardening: - Show amounts in two parts: “How many in all?” - Show a total and take part away: “How many are left?”
- Show a total and a part: “Of the 10 flowers, 5 are yellow, so how many are pink?”
- Ask your child about equations that could represent their thinking and why.
- Encourage your child to ask you questions by making up stories about situations that involve addition or subtraction.
- Use puzzle pieces to develop and reinforce the features of 2D shapes, for example: - the number of sides and the pointiness of corners - that sides are straight or curved - whether the shape is closed or open.
- Ask your child to notice what the rules are for sorting in the house (e.g. in the kitchen cabinets, drawers, or the clothes dresser).