Each book in the set begins by discussing the educational theory of each topic area.
After breaking-down the topic area into very simple terms, the easy-to-follow instructions guide teachers through the activities they can use to transform the theory that they’ve just learned into 60 practical classroom activities for the early childhood classroom.
The series provides activities that are rich in concrete materials and language to expand and deepen conceptual knowledge.
These activities, which include backline masters, help young children in the initial reasoning processes of identifying and describing attributes, matching, sorting, comparing, measurement, and ordering.
Activities provide a balance between a child-focused and a teacher-guided learning experience.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Promoted in Students
- Expand and deepen conceptual knowledge
- Encourage representation abilities
- Strengthen problem solving skills
- Develop communication skills
- Problem solve and connect mathematical ideas